Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"I will see it when I believe it"

I wanted to start with that quote that a really special friend of mine told me earlier this month.  His name is Sean Clancy, and he is basically a jedi.  There will have to be a post dedicated to him because there is just too much to say.  But the point is, when you condition yourself to believe that anything you want out of life is possible, then you will end up living the life you deeply want and choose to live.  I have been repeating this mantra to myself ever since he shared it with me... feel free to think about what it means to you.

See what he has to say on positive self-talk and programming the mind:  Sean Clancy talks mindset

This actually takes me back to a memory from elementary school.  As I stood at the free throw line my dad had measured and marked with a strip of duct tape, I listened to his words.  "Rachel, before you even shoot the ball, I want you to vision that ball going in the net".  He said, "close your eyes. And in your head, picture that ball going in the net."  I did. And it worked.  And he constantly reminded me of this method in various aspects of my life.  Envision the soccer ball going in the goal.  Close your eyes and picture it.  Envision getting that test back and getting an A.  He was the one who first instilled this sort of concept of taking a mental picture of the result you want and how crucial it is in achieving your desired results.

Here's a little picture story of recent Dad times. He too will have a dedicated post.



Repeat the mantra often and affirmatively.  "If I believe it, I will see it".


A few years ago, I was part of the masses who choose the new year to evaluate and make changes, essentially "starting fresh" with my new years resolutions.  I was also part of the flood to the gym in January, essentially fooling myself that this would be a lifestyle change.  I no longer make new years resolutions.  For me, it is necessary to constantly be aware of what is working and what is not to make changes as I go along.  I evaluate my life often and intricately and tweak as needed.   While pressing on the new years resolutions, I will choose a word of the year.  A word I will look to and stick to in order to create my big picture, never ending word: balance.  More on that in another post. For now, know that my word of 2011 was simplify and my word of 2012 did not come to me until this morning.

expand. 

It is a verb.  Next post will tell more. But for now, here is 2011 in pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment