Friday, December 2, 2011

Waking Up to Rain

This morning I woke up just a few minutes before my alarm went off at 6:27 AM.  I'm a weirdo when it comes to setting alarms or microwave times and never use an even number.  If I'm doing a cook time around 30 seconds I will choose 27 or if it should be 20, I may do 19 or 23. Totally random, I know.  Recently I've discovered self-trickery and encouragement to rise and shine via little messages to myself!


I'm headed to Dallas after work this evening and figured a friendly reminder that this day is no ordinary day- this is a day that I will travel!!! (to Dallas) which isn't an ideal destination, but was apparently enough to get me out of bed. 

Texas, and particularly the hill country region, has been experiencing an awful drought which has drastically lowered our lakes' water levels, caused the worst wildfires Texas has EVER seen, and made me forget how hard it is to get out of bed with the sound of rain tapping on my window.  This is when the friendly wake up alarm reminders really come in hand!

Cue morning routine, which I will document and explain once my kitchen is up to par for a picture.  It is literally a 5 step process of letting the dog run outside to potty, popping an espresso in the machine, throwing a waffle into the toaster oven, and putting food in Kayda's bowl.  


Van's whole grain waffle best served with peanut butter and mashed frozen banana on top 
    See me?? Not in the kitchen....

Total time to complete said process: estimated 23 seconds
Total distance involved: No more than 7 steps 

No comments:

Post a Comment