Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day 1 of 12 Days of Cookies:Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Cookies

Let me eat some dough!
I have been inspired by several other blogs to attempt 12 Days of Cookies.  Lately all I have felt like doing is baking, so this will be a good opportunity for the cookie monster to share.

    question: Who never tells me no when I ask if she wants to play? Or go for a run? Or hang out in    general? And who is always excited to see me in the morning, or when I come home from work? Or when I leave and re-enter a room??

     answer:  Kayda!!! So she will be the (sole) recipient of my first round of cookies.

cute cookie cutter


Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Cookies

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com



Instead of whisking, I threw all of the ingredients in a large bowl and beat on medium for a few minutes. It eventually got too thick, so I finished up kind of kneading with my hands before rolling it out.  These cute cookie cutters can probably be found just about anywhere this time of year.

I'm gonna take Kayda's word on these cookies and pass on a taste test.  Judging by her wagging tail, these must be pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment